Our Organic Raw Unpeeled Cacao Beans are 100% Criollo Cacao, the species known worldwide for superior taste, aroma and health benefits. These beans come directly from our farm located in Guatemala. These organic cacao beans are cultivated using the best farming practices to preserve the natural integrity of the cacao. Each bean is hand-picked, and is fully fermented over a 5 - 7 day period and then sun dried. Our organic cacao beans are guaranteed to be free of heavy metals, chemicals, herbicides and pesticides and are never machine processed, heated or roasted. No sugar, dairy or anything else; just 100% heirloom organic cacao.
Cacao, 'the food of the gods' has been used for centuries to boost energy and enhance moods. With over 300 identifiable chemical compounds, cacao remains one of the most complex and pleasurable foods on the planet. In its raw form, cacao contains anandamide (a euphoric substance), arginine (a natural aphrodisiac and vasodilator), phenethylamine (a neurotransmitter that can combat depression and E. coli) and tryptophan (a natural anti-depressant). By raising the neurotransmitters in our brain, cacao promotes an overall feeling of well being. In essence, raw chocolate makes you happy!
What's the Difference between Cacao and Cocoa? The official name of the chocolate tree is Theobroma Cacao. Some experts believe that over time the word "cacao" became Anglicized, and most likely through common error people started calling it "cocoa". Now, with the rebirth of old-style, artisanal chocolate there is a movement to reclaim the beans rightful name: cacao (pronounced Ka-Kow). Today, the two words are often used inter-changeably.
Organic Cacao beans are high in the mineral magnesium, essential for helping the heart to pump blood efficiently, building strong bones and maintaining proper blood pressure. Cacao beans also contain one of the highest levels of antioxidants on the planet, exceeding that of red wine, green tea and many other exotic fruits and vegetables. Recent scientific studies have shown that cacao boosts blood flow to the heart, brain and other organs and while having protective effects against heart disease. It has also been shown to be helpful in lowering blood glucose levels. Research from Germany also suggests that the flavanols in cacao may help maintain youthful, beautiful skin. Plus cacao is a good source of sulfur which promotes healthy skin, nails and hair. Additional diseases that have responded to treatment using cacao are anemia, fatigue, fever, low sex drive, respiratory troubles, and poor appetite
Its been shown that Cacao and dark chocolate have excellent antioxidant levels exceeding red wine, green tea, and other exotic fruits and vegetables. ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) values of dark chocolate (13,120 per 100 grams) exceed those of prunes (5,700), blueberries (2,400), strawberries (1,540) and spinach (1,260). But adding milk to chocolate does not help, in fact, it seems to block the activity of the photochemicals responsible for the powerful antioxidant capacity of cacao.
Our Organic Cacao Beans are a truly healthy chocolate. Enjoy them on their own as a crunchy, flavorful snack. You can also add them to ice cream or fruit smoothies. Mix them with nuts, dried bananas and raisins to create your own trail mix. Or try sweetening them with raw honey for a sweet, healthy treat. Turn your cravings for chocolate into super nutrition by reconnecting with the power of real chocolate. Try our Raw Organic Cacao Beans today!
Some possible benefits of our raw organic Unpeeled Cacao Beans may include:
● Mood elevating properties
● Helpful for arteriosclerosis
● Natural aphrodisiac
● Dilating blood vessels
● Improving the cellular functioning of those cells lining blood vessels
● Super powerful antioxidant
● Boosting blood flow to the brain, heart, & other organs
● Supporting a healthy heart
● Lowering the oxidative stress of strenuous activities - thus helping athletes to recover
● Improving digestion
● Stimulating kidney & bowel function
● Can be used to combat skin problems including eczema, psoriasis & burns
● Supports a healthy cardiovascular system
● Strong stress reliever
● Relaxing muscles
● Increasing insulin sensitivity in healthy persons
● Helping build strong bones & teeth
● Containing more magnesium than any other food
● Lowers blood glucose levels
● Lowers the risk of hardening of the arteries
● Reduces free radicals throughout the body
● May be used to increase breast milk production
● Lowering bad LDL cholesterol while increasing good HDL cholesterol
● Endothelial function improved in overweight adults
● May be helpful in reducing additional neural damage in the case of a stroke
● Reducing blood pressure
● Promoting an overall feeling of euphoria & well being
● Helping to Maintain youthful, beautiful skin, hair, & nails
Suggested Use: Eat 5-6 beans alone or sweeten with agave nectar. Add beans to ice cream or your favorite smoothie.
Botanical Name: Theobroma cacao - Criollo Variety
Other Names: Cocoa, Chocolate Tree, Koko, Kakaobaum, kakaw, kakao
Ingredients: Raw Organic Unpeeled Cacao Beans.
Origin: Guatemala - Organic